Monday, April 7, 2008

Fun Times




It's been a while since I posted....reason being I've been having so much fun I haven't wanted to be on the computer! Danielle got in last Sunday evening. She actually rode a bus here, which we decided not to EVER do again. And we were very glad that she had decided to take a airplane back to MO yesterday.

We had SO much fun talking, working together, and just being plain crazy. :D Last time she came we were not milking any goats, so this time she got to learn. :) The first time was pretty funny, took her a while to get up the nerve to actually touch "the thing." But once she started there was no going back and by the middle of the week she was milking them all by herself like a pro. AND loving to do it as well! She jumped right in with helping with everything, even the late night trips up to the barn to feed the kids. :)

Of course we had to pull out the ping pong table too, Danielle supposedly had only played a few times before, but she beat me the very first time I played her!! Not that I'm a pro at ping pong by any means though. :) We had a big tournament one evening, we had lots of fun even though both Danielle and I were out pretty early. We had some pretty fun "Rook" card games as well, for those of you that don't know it's kind of like "Spades."


We also had to take a walk out in the pasture, and climb over a HUGE pile of brush, just for fun of course. :)


We've also made the tradition of getting Blue Bell ice cream when she comes....so one evening we made a trip to town to pick that up, AND it was on sale so we came home with way too much!!


The younger ones love for Danielle to read stories to them. The "theme" book of the week was "If you Give a Mouse a Cookie." I don't know how many times they had her read that book! :) They never got tired of it though.


Wednesday was Joshua's birthday, he had an "Indian" theme. All the little ones painted their faces and made indian shirts out of old T-shirts. And somehow they convinced Danielle and I to do it too. :D We looked a little weird, but it sure wasn't as bad as something we did earlier in the week, we just claimed to be temporarily insane. :P Too embarrasing to even post pictures of.


Thursday evening we went to some friends house in Guthrie to play volley ball and fellowship. It was alot of fun.

Friday afternoon we headed to Stillwater to take some goats to a show, but I'm going to post about that in a separate post.

Saturday night was our last night together so we had to make the most of it, actually we stayed up till 2:30 in the morning! We were recording a song out in the guys studio "just for fun." Well, there were too many perfectionists in the room, (I was NOT one of them) and we ended up spending like 3 hours on one verse of "Living for Jesus!" I was getting a bit delirious, but we finally got it to where they were half way satisified, and I thought it sounded great. We also helped Dad plant our corn in the afternoon. We planted TONS of corn, hopefully God will bless it and it will be some good eating!!


Sunday, church was at the Chatham's in Blanchard. Danielle got to meet all of our homechurch families, which was neat. And then we dropped her off at the airport on our way back home. It was really sad to say goodbye, but we made so many good memories and hopefully it won't be too long before she can come visit again.

Love you so much Dannie!! ;)

5 comments:

Bethany said...

I think you are excused for not posting. Looks like you've been very busy.

Danielle said...

Aw, I am almost crying reading this post! :) I was JUST getting ready to blog about it, cause I can't wait until I get the pictures, I'm too excited to wait! ;)

I miss you SO much! :( And I love you too BeshU! :D :D :D

Okay, you have to know, I laughed OUT LOUD, when I read what you said about the song... :D :D "Too many perfectionist in the room" :D :D :D SO funny!!! Good times though!! I loved it! :)

Miss you and love you!

Sarah said...

It looks like you had a very wonderful week! What a blessing friends are, and it sounds like Danielle is a special one. :) I am so glad that you both had this time to spend together!

I am eager to hear more about how the goat show went! :) (I read about it on your mom's blog). 8th out of 25 is still very good! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Hey Besh sounds like you had alot of fun with Danielle!!!!!!!!!Maggie

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had fun! Thanks for the update!
Love ya!