Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A weekend in Hot Springs




Early Friday morning so we could beat the heat, we headed off to Hot Springs AR to visit my Mom's parents who live on Lake Hamilton. It's been too long since we were able to go there and we love spending time with them and playing on the lake so we were all really excited to get to go. Dad volunteered to stay home and take care of all the animals so we missed having him with us but still had a lot of fun. We made the 6 hour trip and got there at around 9:00 in the morning....the trip was pretty uneventful except for the fact that three of the little ones got car sick from going through all the curves and mountains...which wasn't fun, and we weren't really prepared for that but we made it. :)

We spent most of the day Friday swimming in the lake and then Saturday morning Paps, Caleb, Daniel, Elijah, Micah, Anna and I went to the Hot Springs farmers market, which was pretty neat, a lot bigger than the one we have here in Guthrie! :) After that we drove through downtown Hot Springs and got some of the hot water that it's known for, and then decided to drive up a mountain there which is like a tourist attraction. Once we got to the top Paps was very generous to pay so we could go up this tower thing they have up there....elevators most certainly aren't my favorite thing....but I tried not to think about it and up we went!! Boy it was high, but it was SO neat looking around in the open air from the top. Quite a view it was!!




Saturday afternoon the guys decided to buy a wakeboard to try out behind Paps boat...so they had a lot of fun playing around with that. I tried once...but we'll just say that it didn't go so well for me!! :P Caleb and Daniel got pretty good at it though by the end of the trip.

Sunday we had the opportunity to play two songs at church, which was really neat. It's been so long since we've played in a church before...it brought back a lot of memories. Hopefully the music was a blessing to those there...they seemed to really have enjoyed it. After lunch a neighbor came over and let us use his knee boards and a pretty good sized tube to pull behind the boats...and oh boy, tubing was just right up my alley!! :D We had SO much fun doing that...and we had that boat going super fast!! It was pretty funny though when I was driving the boat with Daniel and Micah on the tube...I was still learning how to operate the thing and I took a curve pretty sharp and then just hit the gas and they wiped out big time!! It was hilarious...the tube went flying up in the air and both boys just hit the water!! :D We had tons of fun doing that, and had some pretty crazy rides going on. :) I'm still suffering from soreness from it...I think practically every muscle in my body has been hurting!! It was sure worth it though. :P



It was a wonderful trip and we had so much fun spending time together as a family. :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the 2nd to the last picture the best! You and Anna look like you had a fun time on the tube!

~ Brittney Chatham

Anonymous said...

Looks like ya'll had tons of fun!
I just wanted to ask where you get most of your clothes? You're probably 'gonna say thrift stores and stuff, but I wanted to ask anyway. I really like the pink tank-top type shirt you wear over the white t-shirt. It certainly makes t-shirts more modest (Because nowadays most t-shirts aren't.) ;)
Have a blessed day in our Lord!
Julia E. OKC
(somebody you don't know...
Friends of the R. Linzeys and J. Linzeys) :)

Bethany said...

Yup, we did have lots of fun on the tube Brittney!! :) I'm looking forward to seeing ya'll soon.

Julia, yes normally I would say we got most of our clothes from thrift stores. :) But actually those sleeveless T-shirts we got from Christopher and Banks in the mall. Your right about most t-shirts not being very modest these days...

Danielle said...

Besh, looks like you guys had SO much fun! I love all the pictures! ;) I'm glad you had such a nice time with your grandparents also!

You and Anna just look So cute in your pictures! ;)

Anonymous said...

Whoa, Besh! I love the expressions on your faces!!! =D Yes, tubing IS right up your alley....

I enjoyed seeing all the pictures from Danielle's visit! Y'all had so much fun. Thanks for posting a picture of Katelyn. :) I have heard so much about you, Kate, and hope to meet you soon!!!

Oh, and I was going to tell Julia that you can view Christopher and Banks clothing online at www.ChristopherandBanks.com
They have some really nice clothing and often have good sales.

Love you, Bethany! I am ready to see you!

Hannah B.

Anonymous said...

We were ALL just having a blast together, weren't we?!! :) I just LOVE your screamin' face in the close up of tubing!! :D :D :D But I'm sure I was doing the same...! :) I can still hear what you were telling me..."Lean Corrie, LEAN! Lean your way...now my way! LEAN Corrie...lean!" But that DID help us stay on! :)

Love ya...
"Corrie"

Anonymous said...

Bethany and Hannah B., Thanks for the name of that store. Somebody told us about it a while back. We've been in their store a few times too. I should check out their web-site!
Julia

Anonymous said...

I gather you DID have lots of fun! Like the pics so much... made me laugh! :D Enjoyed this post!

Bethany said...

Hi Bethany,

Sounds like you had a great time with your grandparents. I have been thinking about interviewing a blog friend for a while and I was wondering if you would like to be interviewed. Of course if you would rather not that's fine.

Looking forward to hearing from you and to see some pictures of your baby goats you mentioned.

Love,

Bethany Roberts

Bethany said...

Hi Bethany,

I have not quite decided on whether to do an interview or more like a question answer format.

I'll email you the question in the near future. Have a great day.

Bethany